Medical & Veteran Planning
Estate Planning Lawyers Serving Utah
A person who has served in any branch of the United States military has specific benefits that should be considered when developing an estate plan. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers medical care, pensions, and other benefits that must be carefully assessed and integrated into a veteran’s overall estate plan.
Pearson Butler represents the interests of veterans across Utah who are interested in protecting their health, their assets, and their families through comprehensive, personalized estate plans. The firm’s experienced estate planning lawyers understand the unique issues that affect veterans and their families, working closely with each client to create a fully customized plan that addresses his or her needs and goals.
For more information and to arrange a confidential evaluation of your case, call (800) 265-2314.
Pensions, Healthcare & Other Benefits for Veterans
In addition to providing traditional estate planning services such as drafting a will or establishing a living trust, Pearson Butler can address key issues unique to veterans and their families:
- Veterans Pension, for qualifying veterans who have permanent disabilities or limited income and are unable to work.
- Survivor’s Pension, for children or spouses of deceased veterans who served during wartime.
- Healthcare benefits provided by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), for veterans who had active military duty.
- Veterans’ Group Life Insurance, which provides lifetime coverage for veterans.
- Other state and federal benefits and support, such as education help, home and small business loans, burial benefits, and support for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
If you want to be certain that your wishes will be carried out and your loved ones provided for in the event of your passing, it is important to work with an estate planning attorney who understands how to help veterans and their families under Utah law. Pearson Butler can offer the caring support and knowledgeable counsel you need.
Contact the firm today at (800) 265-2314. With offices in Bountiful, South Jordan, and Utah County, Pearson Butler helps veterans across Utah.