Jeff Butler is a co-founder and equity member of Pearson Butler. Jeff received his Juris Doctorate from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University, after which he spent time living and working in California for a number of years before returning to Utah. Jeff has founded and operated several businesses in both Utah and California. Prior to starting Pearson Butler, Jeff served as executive director of healthcare facilities, overseeing corporate operations and managing a staff of 100-400 employees.
Since starting Pearson Butler, Jeff has focused his efforts on building a legal presence in Utah and gathering experienced attorneys together to provide the quality service that Pearson Butler is known for. Jeff manages the firm’s external operations, building relationships with attorneys and businesses alike and managing the firm’s community outreach efforts. His work has substantially contributed to the stable growth of the firm and facilitated Pearson Butler’s rise to a mid-sized firm in under 10 years. Jeff is motivated by a sincere desire to meet and build relationships with people, which has allowed him and the firm to create significant community ties. Jeff is licensed to practice in Utah and California.
- Brigham Young University School of Law, J. D., 1998
- Brigham Young University, Romney Institute of Public Management, M.P.A, 1998
- Brigham Young University, University Honors Program, B.A., 1994
- California State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association (inactive)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Utah State Bar Association