Utah Trust Lawyers
Establish a Trust & Protect Your Assets
Establishing a trust may be an essential part of estate planning, depending on your situation and needs. Whether you wish to protect assets, avoid probate, provide for a disabled loved one, or ensure that your property is protected from taxes and litigation, the attorneys at Pearson Butler can inform you of your estate planning options and help you establish the right type of trust.
Pearson Butler offers trust services related to:
- Revocable (living) trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Asset protection trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts
- Trusts for Estate and Gift Tax Planning
For more information and to arrange a confidential consultation, call (800) 265-2314. Pearson Butler helps clients across Utah.
Sometimes called an “inter vivos” trust, a living trust is established while you are alive. Your assets are placed into a trust for your benefit and transferred to pre-designated beneficiaries by a chosen representative, “successor trustee,” when you pass on.
A living trust can offer the following key benefits:
- A living trust does not go through probate proceedings, which means assets will be distributed to heirs much faster. Your successor trustee will distribute assets and pay off debt according to your specifications and instructions.
- A living trust offers privacy. A living trust is not made public and distributions will be made in private. A will, on the other hand, is public record.
- A living trust allows you to handpick a trustee who will take over if you should become physically or mentally incapacitated.
Asset Protection Trusts
The trust attorneys at Pearson Butler understand that you have worked hard to accumulate what you have. Asset protection trusts can be an important step to safeguard your wealth against litigants and creditors who may assert a claim against your assets.
For all your trust and estate planning needs, call (800) 265-2314. Pearson Butler is positioned to deliver the intelligent, compassionate representation you deserve.