Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Utah
Assisting Victims of Elder Abuse & Neglect
As America ages, more and more people are unable to take care of themselves and live independently. Often, friends, family, social organizations, and for-profit organizations provide the elderly with the care they need and deserve. When friends and family cannot give adequate care, the elder is oftentimes placed in a nursing home or assisted the living facility to ensure that the proper level of care is readily available and provided to the elder. Sadly, elders are increasingly subjected to emotional, physical, and financial abuse in their nursing homes or suffer neglect by their in-home caregivers or nurses.
Nursing home abuse can be divided into two categories:
- Neglect is a failure to provide for basic needs, which may result in medication overdoses, malnutrition, dehydration, infections, pressure sores, falls, septicemia, and gangrene.
- Intentional harm includes physical assault, emotional abuse, financial abuse, and sexual assault.
If you have concerns that a loved one if the victim of neglect or abuse of any variety, seek representation immediately.
To discuss your case with a competent Utah nursing home abuse lawyer, call (800) 265-2314.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse Cases Handled by Pearson Butler
Pearson Butler is experienced in handling nursing home abuse and negligence cases including, but not limited to:
- Medication errors
- Bed rail injuries or deaths
- Bedsores, broken bones, and other signs of physical neglect or abuse
- Malnutrition and/or dehydration
- Chemical restraints used to control seniors
- Arbitration agreements in nursing home contracts
- Unfair long-term disability insurance denials
- Financial or emotional abuse
- Sexual assault
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Wrongful death
Don’t let the abuse or neglect continue. If your loved one has been the victim of elder neglect or abuse, it is important that you contact Pearson Butler to schedule your free consultation now.
Talk to a Competent Professional Today
The experienced attorneys at Pearson Butler help victims of nursing home abuse and neglect obtain compensation for their injuries, pain, and suffering. If you or a loved one have suffered from nursing home abuse or neglect in Utah, do not wait to seek counsel. Pearson Butler provides a completely confidential consultation at no cost and with no obligation.
Call Pearson Butler at (800) 265-2314 or contact the firm online.