Marlene has served as Staff Attorney and Executive Director of the Multi-Cultural Legal Center in Salt Lake City, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the legal needs of Utah’s racial and ethnic communities. Moreover, she enjoys giving back to the community by contributing her time to civic organizations and through active involvement in professional organizations.
Marlene knows first-hand the critical need for professional help with the immigration process. She was born in the Philippines and immigrated to the U.S. with her family at the age of 12. This early life experience, along with countless others over the years, has caused her to develop deep compassion for other immigrants and a desire to help them. She also loves learning about the different cultures and countries of her clients, which has sparked a love of international travel.
- Utah State Bar, 1996
- U.S. District Court of Utah
- Utah Supreme Court
Honors & Awards:
- Utah’s Legal Elite in Immigration Law and Pro Bono work
- Lawyer of the Year, Utah Minority Bar Association
- Philanthropic Firm of the Year, Holy Cross Ministries
- Outstanding Asian Professional, Utah Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Utah State Bar Association
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association Utah Chapter
"You can literally have all your consumer legal needs covered under one roof." - Jeannette M.
"To receive such phenomenal service and to be treated as someone who is significant and important is why I will continue to use Carson Pearson and his firm." - Brooke M.
"I really appreciate the warm welcome and recommend them to anyone looking for an attorney who treats you like family and not just a client." - Dan K.