Elliot has extensive legal, tax, and business experience. Elliot has worked with an international accounting firm in both its federal tax and mergers and acquisition practices, as well as with several law firms. Throughout his career, he has had the opportunity to work with a diverse clientele ranging from billion-dollar companies to professional athletes and has gained significant experience dealing with complex issues. This experience has allowed him to gain a strong reputation among attorneys and accountants across the state, and he frequently provides consultation for tax and legal professionals on a wide variety of complex tax issues. Elliot represents both businesses and individuals.
In his spare time, Elliot enjoys spending time with his family, biking, watching movies, snowshoeing, and fly fishing.
Elliot is married to Rachel and they have two children. They currently live in South Jordan, Utah.
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Science, 2003
- Southern Utah University, Master of Science, 2015
- Case Western Reserve University, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Brigham Young University, Master of Accountancy – Tax, 2006
Bar Admissions & Licenses:
- Utah Supreme Court
- United States 10th District Court
- Certified Public Accountant
- United States Tax Court
- Utah State Bar Association
- Utah Tax Bar
- Utah State Bar Estate Planning Section
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Honors & Awards:
- Utah Legal Elite – Tax 2020 – Utah Business Magazine
- Hot Assets and Deemed Debt Distributions, The Journal Entry – Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, July 2015.
- Understanding the IRC §754 Election, WealthCounsel Quarterly – Wealth Counsel, September 2015.
- CPAs as Trust Protectors, The Journal Entry – Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, January 2016.
- “The Developing “Able Account” Laws – July 2016 Wealthcounsel Quarterly
- “The Physical Profile of Elite Boardercross Snowboarders” – December 2015 Journal of Sports Science