Angilee is an equity partner at Pearson Butler, and practices in the areas of Intellectual Property, Appeals, Indian/Tribal Law, & Family Law.
Angilee is a Registered Patent Attorney and her Intellectual Property practice includes patent litigation, trademark prosecution and litigation, as well as copyright prosecution, litigation and DMCA Takedowns. Angilee has litigated hundreds of business and intellectual property (IP) matters, contracts, and torts, and successfully resolved disputes through mediation.
For more than a decade, Angilee’s family law practice has included adoptions, pre and post-nuptial agreements, divorce, custody, guardianships, name changes, obtaining delayed birth records, support enforcement, Guardian ad Litem for children, preparing Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Medical Directives and other estate planning and probate, and litigating issues of Tribal law, including the ever-controversial Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA).
Angilee is an experienced Appellate Attorney, with notable cases in the Utah Court of Appeals, Utah Supreme Court, and U.S. Supreme Court. Angilee set precedent of federal standards of reasonableness for unwed biological fathers seeking intervention in their child’s adoption proceedings. She also established precedent distinguishing voluntary and involuntary adoption status in ICWA cases.
Angilee is valued for her creative arguments. Clients have praised the care and attention and have benefited from her diverse experience that she brings to their legal matters.
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of California, B.A., 2005
- Utah State Bar
- Utah Courts Mediation Roster
- U.S. District Court of Utah
- Goshute Tribal Court
- Ute Tribal Court
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors & Awards:
- Lawyers of Distinction in Family Law
- 10 Best Under 40 in Intellectual Property
- Utah Business Legal Elite
- Utah State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah Committee Member
- Utah State Bar Association Indian Law Section Board Member