Angilee is an accomplished litigator, managing prominent cases and nailing arcane points of law and procedure. Over the past decade, her family law practice has included preparing pre-nuptial agreements, assisting clients going through divorce and child custody disputes, working as a Guardian ad Litem, assisting clients to obtain delayed birth records, name changes, guardianships, preparing wills, estate planning and probate, adoptions, and successfully litigating issues of the ever-controversial Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA).
Angilee’s track record in the Utah District Court, Utah Court of Appeals, Utah Supreme Court, and U.S. Supreme Court is notable. She humbly set the precedent of federal standards of reasonableness for unwed biological fathers seeking intervention in their child’s adoption proceedings. She also established precedent distinguishing voluntary and involuntary adoption status in ICWA cases. In addition to her family law practice, Angilee has litigated hundreds of business and intellectual property (IP) transactions, contracts, and torts, and successfully resolved disputes through mediation.
Angilee is valued for her creative arguments. Clients have praised the care and attention and have benefited from her diverse experience that she brings to their legal matters.
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of California, B.A., 2005
- Utah State Bar
- Utah Courts Mediation Roster
- U.S. District Court of Utah
- Goshute Tribal Court
- Ute Tribal Court
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors & Awards:
- Lawyers of Distinction in Family Law
- 10 Best Under 40 in Intellectual Property
- Utah Business Legal Elite
- Utah State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah Committee Member
- Utah State Bar Association Indian Law Section Board Member