Child Support Attorneys in South Jordan
Dedicated Legal Counsel to Protect Your Best Interests
Child support amounts are set forth by Utah statutes using a formula based on both parents’ income, the number of children, and the parent-time schedule. While a child support calculation may seem like an easy math calculation, an attorney is often necessary to determine the appropriate income numbers to enter into the child support formula and to ensure that other considerations are accounted for in your child support calculation.
There are many factors to consider in determining child support, such as:
- Should you use the sole physical custody worksheet, the joint physical custody worksheet, or the split custody worksheet?
- Is a parent choosing not to work or choosing to work below his or her potential?
- How do you calculate income if a parent is self-employed?
- Does a parent consistently or regularly work overtime?
- Does a parent work more than one job?
- What is a parent’s historical income, work history, or occupational qualifications?
- Since a child support order was entered, does the payor now have additional children?
- When should the child support obligation begin? Or end?
Contact an experienced attorney at Pearson Butler for advice on your specific child support needs.
Schedule a Consultation
Determining child support can be complicated. You need to be certain that your interests are well protected and that any disputes are resolved in such a way as to protect your financial security and your children’s well-being
With extensive family law experience, the team at Pearson Butler is qualified to handle your support matter with the care it deserves.
With offices in South Jordan, Bountiful, and Utah County, Pearson Butler serves the entire state and is standing by to help you. Call (800) 265-2314 Now!