Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

At Pearson Butler, we have decades of experience serving individuals, businesses, and families across Utah in over a dozen practice areas. With more than 30 qualified legal professionals, we have the resources and experience needed to resolve even the most complex legal matters.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Call the Utah Immigration Lawyers at Pearson Butler for Experienced Counsel

If you have experienced abuse as a spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to apply for an immigrant visa under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for yourself – without your abuser’s knowledge. This key amendment to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is meant to help battered men, women, and children seek safety and independence.

Please note: help is also available from the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. If you believe you are in immediate danger, do not hesitate to call 911.

You may be able to remain in the U.S. by independently filing for an immigrant visa under VAWA. Our immigration lawyers at Pearson Butler can help you, using extensive experience in immigration law to help you navigate the application process, provide the necessary supporting documentation, and obtain your approval. Once your petition is approved, you can live and work in the U.S. You may also include your children in your petition.

To learn more about VAWA and whether it may apply to your situation, call (800) 265-2314.

Applying for an Immigrant Visa Under VAWA

To apply for an immigrant visa under VAWA, you must complete and file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, along with supporting documentation, with the Vermont Service Center of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you meet all filing requirements, you’ll receive a notice that is valid for 150 days, which you can present to government agencies that provide benefits and support to victims of domestic violence. Once your petition is formally approved, you may be eligible to apply for a green card (permanent resident status).

For more information and guidance, call (800) 265-2314 to speak with the immigration attorneys at Pearson Butler. Our attorneys have a reputation for success in VAWA petitions.

Ready to Get Started?

Contact Our Firm Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.