Zakia Richardson joined Pearson Butler as an experienced litigator and zealous advocate within the legal community in Utah. Zakia has worked extensively on high conflict divorce and custody disputes, abuse cases, and immigration cases. Her career highlights include prevailing on a stalking injunction case through the Utah Court of Appeals and obtaining legal status for a client in an intent-to-deny immigration case. She has served hundreds of clients in the Utah state courts, representing them before commissioners, judges, and United States immigration officers.
Zakia has been recognized by multiple organizations around the state and has been named Attorney of the Year and received the Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) Award in 2017 from the Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault.
Zakia has also offered coordinated debt recovery services to clients in the credit granting and debt purchasing industry. Zakia has worked on compliance matters within state and federal laws, including the FDCPA, SCRA, FACTA, GLBA, FCRA, TCPA, HIPAA, and Bankruptcy Code.
Prior to her legal practice, Zakia worked in sales and marketing at Ford Motor Co. and operations at Goldman Sachs.
- University of Texas, Austin, J.D. 1998
- University of Virginia, 1994
- Utah State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Utah Trafficking in Persons (“UTIP”) Task Force, member 2015-2016 Co-chair of the UTIP legal subcommittee.
- Utah Sexual Violence Council (“USVC”) member 2015-2017
- Co-chair of the USVC policy committee.
- Third District Pro Bono Committee, member 2014-2017
- Women Lawyers of Utah, board member 2015-2017
- Women Lawyers of Utah, activities committee volunteer 2015- present
- Utah Minority Bar Association, member 2015- present
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
"You can literally have all your consumer legal needs covered under one roof." - Jeannette M.
"To receive such phenomenal service and to be treated as someone who is significant and important is why I will continue to use Carson Pearson and his firm." - Brooke M.
"I really appreciate the warm welcome and recommend them to anyone looking for an attorney who treats you like family and not just a client." - Dan K.